Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Capital of the World's 10th Largest Economy


Among several other things, I caught up with some old friends some studying abroad while in Sacramento. Nicole, left, and I lived on the same street in Santiago. Her boyfriend Kip joined us. Quite similar, I know. And Scott, right, also studied with us. Nicole now teaches and Scott is in law school.


Amazingly, if California was an independent country, it would have the world's 10th largest economy. Wow. And they say 'Don't Mess with Texas!'


Scenes from around the capitol building where there are quite a few gardens. Scott and I did some reading, me for pleasure and him for homework, and played frisbee.



Sacramento is pleasant, but probably not a place I would want to end up long-term. It was great to see friends, but there didn't seem to be that much to do within the city itself. A lot of government stuff, as I had expected.


And a mounted policeman on his cell phone. Which is interesting, because it's illegal to talk while driving, so I would assume that applies to riding as well. Regardless, I didn't get a chance to ask him!

No comments: