Monday, November 17, 2008

Some Among Them Are Dangerous


It is believed that Yosemite actually means, some among them are dangerous, in the native language. It was probably the native americans describing the white men who came into the area to one another. A warning against the white man. But, of course, the white man didn't understand, thought it was the name of the place, and used it for the national park title!


Yosemite NP is easily one of the most outstanding and unexpected of the areas I visited. I knew it was beautiful. Why else would Ansel Adams spend so many years photographing here, but I was not prepared for how impressive it is. I was blown away. I can't wait to return.



There are 3,000 foot cliffs, such as El Capitan, below, one of the most impressive rock faces I've ever seen.

No comments: