Monday, November 3, 2008

Whiskey Bravo


So I visited my eldest sister Jamie at her new place in Coos Bay, OR. The repairman who came to work on the stove was walkie-talkieing back to the office with parts numbers and verifying things with full letter names, such as Charlie Foxtrot. But the part was WB123??, and he was like, "Can we get Whiskey Bravo ???...." I nearly lost it while painting and he's in the background sounding like he's sending in an airstrike on the apartment!

I won't beat around the bush. We painted. We did a lot of painting, considering it's a one room apartment! However, we had a great time. Even if I might act otherwise.


We went for a short hike out at Shore Acres State Park, which is beautiful. It's the former property of a former shipping baron...Simpson, I believe. The views and weather were both amazing. I could handle living 15 minutes from a place like this, as Jamie now does.



And I picked up some wicked clip-on sunglasses during a stop at Goodwill for random house necessities. They're pretty much pure awesomeness!


More photos to come when I have access for a bit longer!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh crap, kit, i die every time i watch that video of the two of us painting. so freaking funny. hope all's well. great shots of the redwoods. if the weather was anything like it was here, you were probably really really wet. love you. j