Monday, November 3, 2008

That Tree Be Tall


Redwood National Park is quite impressive. Not as astoundingly jaw-dropping as I was expecting, but great. Unfortunately, it rained like crazy on me for the two days that I was in the park.






If I have time, I'm really looking forward to Sequoia NP, where the trees are supposed to be even HUGER! That being said, 300 foot trees are commonplace in Redwood. 300 feet. That's pretty massive. Every now and then I would stop and think...if some of the smaller trees here were put elsewhere, they would completely tower above things and drawf everything else!


Oh, and of course you get the coast then, also, with Redwood NP. And not just any coast, a great, amazing coast. The Pacific looked cruel and wrathful the two days that I was near it through Redwoods. Just a little arch (it was gigantic...as seems to be the theme of this park) during my drive.


No comments: