Monday, October 6, 2008

Wild Montana Skies


John Denver just has a song for everything!

Ohhhhhh Montana, give this child a home
Give him the love of a good family and a woman of his own
Give him a fire in his heart, give him a light in his eyes
Give him the wild wind for a brother and the Wild Montana Skies

Montana was just great. The people were nice. The cities/towns were quaint and attractive. I really don't have many negative things to say about the state.

While camping on the continental divide I came across these mushrooms. Just saying...imagine those were something else.... enough said. They're gigantic!


I also had my first solo fire while camping along the Missouri River. Well, along the first damming of the Missouri, at Canyon Ferry Lake. I can't remember if that's actually the name of the lake or just the dam. Regardless, it was cool to pass the Missouri River near it's start, when I grew up near its confluence with the Mississippi.

No comments: