Monday, October 6, 2008

Ministry versus Department...which wins?

This will be short because I'm at the Chamber of Commerce in Cranbrook, B.C. They let me use their computer because the library is closed today!

Um...Montana is great. In Glacier National Park instead of the Road-To-The-Sun, it was more the Road-to-the-rain/sleet/hail/snow. I encountered all while on my way up to Logan Pass. However, road construction kept me from going all the way through to the east side. Regardless of my much I couldn't feel my hands or feet, the views were truly beautiful. I'm looking forward to the Canadian Rockies, which are apparently quite a bit more impressive than their American counterparts.

I'M CLEAN. I shelled out a ton (you become very frugal...or cheap...while traveling) for a crappy motel room in Eureka, MT, and took several showers! I also did laundry there and checked the bike over before continuing up here to Canada, ay!

Why are so many British influenced things cooler than American influenced things. **I'm not forgetting that we're very influenced by them, also, but not to the same extent as Canada.
National Parks Service, Department of Natural Resources, Department of Conservation...decent names. Ministry of Recreation...freaking awesome. I wonder if they have a Ministry of Ministers. MoMs!! I will move here immediately if they do!

I'll expound on all of these topics and upload photos at a later date!

No comments: