Friday, October 17, 2008

Further Up and Further In


No climber am I.  The shaky Elvis leg came out many times as I struggled to find correct footing and hand holds.





I joined a large group of Katie Donze's friends as I visited her in Seattle for a climbing trip.  There were over a dozen of us that went to central Washington.  I was the least experienced and happy to watch the good climbers, but they insisted I tried a few runs.  



When not climbing, the camp fire offered lots of entertainment, such as Mike with his smoking coozy!  The results the following morning, below!



Maggie, the obligatory cute puppy along.  And my tent near the feathers, some of the many basalt columns in the area.



The central crag in the above photo is the one successful climb I made.  I hadn't climbed in years, so I was happy to reach the top on at least one.



A bunch of climbers were out for the weekend.  And a lot of butts were seen scaling one run or another.


Getting ready to shotgun some beers after a hard day of climbing.

1 comment:

jiggins said...

Hey man these shots are cool. I didn't see any mention of where you were or what the formations were called. I got that you were in central Washington.. but where? Those cliffs are amazing!