Tuesday, September 30, 2008

36,570

That's the starting mileage.



I left Denver on Thursday to encounter quite a few firsts with Meaghan and Tim in the car ahead of me. I had less than 5 miles experience on the bike, both loaded and unloaded, before setting out.

Within a mile of the house I encountered my first first: an interstate. Namely I-25, running 5 lanes wide through Denver during rush hour! Luckily all went well!



About 20 miles later we were coming into Boulder when Tim and Mea pull over with distraught looks on their faces. I understood as soon as I began to slow down and realized that my front tire was flat! Again, no accidents or mishaps. We changed the front tube...and it hasn't been a problem since.

Then some night riding and gravel riding were added on top of everything else as we made our way into Estes Park to camp for the evening.


I'm hoping that I got most of the frightening things out of my system early.

No comments: